How To Make The Most of Spring Curb Appeal
Posted on April 22, 2012 at 6:11 pm According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 63% of homebuyers will drop by after viewing a home they like online. If your home isn't alluring from the outside, potential buyers may never schedule a showing to see the desirable features within it. Here are some tips to create a first impression that may lead to a sale this spring.
1. Under pressure - Pressure washing is budget-friendly way to dramatically improve a home's exterior. Dingy siding, mildewed decks, faded walkways and oil-stained driveways can be returned to pristine condition.
2. Contain yourself - Consider investing in container plants. Arranging them around the yard and entryway is a quick way to brighten up a space and create a splash of color.
3. Get rid of gutter clutter - Clean your gutters. Often leaves, branches and debris may be visible from the street.
4. Open up - Homes with open your curtains often look brighter and more inviting.
5. Enjoy the view - Clean windows speak for themselves.
6. Lighten up - Outdoor lighting is aesthetically pleasing and provides visual aid in the dark.
7. Quick fixes - Updated hardware, such as doorknobs, lighting and even the mailbox, can greatly enhance an entryway.
8. Store more - Put away any tools, toys, bikes etc. out of sight so they do not detract from the home.
9. Repair and renew - Improve the obvious by filling in sidewalk cracks, fixing screen doors, and touching up any paint that is chipped.
10. Tidy up - Remember to rake the leaves and trim the hedges to give the yard a boost.
For more tips on selling your house contact Mark Schreier, Realtor, Century 21 Prevete Real Estate, http://www.TopLiRealtor.com